The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
Unit 7-1 & 9A, Jalan Emas 4,Taman Emas, 43200 Cheras, Selangor D. E
WHY CHOOSE TO STUDY ACCA?
Unrivalled global network
- ACCA is the global body for professional accountants with over 162,000 members and 428,000 students in 173 countries.
We have 91 offices and centres globally all offering localised support.
- Our qualifications are based on international accounting standards making them globally relevant.
- We offer local law and tax options making your qualification locally relevant too.
- ACCA qualifications are recognised by key regulatory and education authorities around the world and we have joint membership of other international accountancy bodies.
- ACCA’s qualifications are benchmarked against education levels around the world. So by choosing ACCA, you choose qualifications that have been independently quality checked.
Respected by employers
- Over one hundred years of proven reputation for quality and excellence.
- 8,500 approved employers globally
- Qualifications developed with employers giving you the skills and knowledge to be work ready
- A strong focus on ethics means that employers know they are getting ethical accountants.
- Quality assured qualifications mean employers can be confident of your ability and knowledge
Putting you in charge of your studies and career
- You can study full-time or part-time around work. You can choose to self-study or study with a tuition provider. You can progress at your own pace and start at the right level for you.
- Once you qualify with ACCA you can gain exemption from parts of other academic qualifications, making it quicker for you to complete them.
- Having both financial and management accounting skills means that you can move between roles, industries and sectors.
- We provide you with the core knowledge in all areas of accountancy to ensure you have the complete skillset required of a finance professional, and so that you can choose the right finance role for you in any industry.
- Accountant in Business (AB)
- Management Accounting (MA)
- Financial Accounting (FA)
- Corporate and Business Law (LW)
- Performance Management (PM)
- Malaysian Taxation (TX)
- Financial Reporting (FR)
- Audit and Assurance (AA)
- Financial Management (FM)
- Strategic Business Leader (SBL)
- Strategic Business Reporting (SBR)
Options (2 to be completed)
- Advanced Financial Management (AFM)
- Advanced Taxation (ATX)
- Advanced Audit and Assurance (AAA)
Ethics & Professional
The Ethics and Professional Skills module is an important part of the ACCA journey. Professional accountants need to demonstrate that they understand and can apply ethical and professional behavior in real-world work situations.
Malaysian University English Test (MUET) Band 2 and
- A pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) or it’s equivalent, with a minimum Grade C+ (GP 2.33) in any two subjects, and three credits including Mathematics and a pass in English at Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) level; OR
- A pass in UNified Examination Certificate (UEC) with Grade B in five subjects including Mathematics and English; OR
- Two passes at A-Level (Grade A-E) and three passes at O-Level (Grade 1-6/ A-C) including Mathematics and English; OR
- Equivalent qualification in related field recognized by the Malaysian Government.
Successful completion of the ACCA professional examination with relevant working experience will enable graduates to become Chartered Certified Accountants, use the designatory letters ACCA, and work in any aspect of finance and business, often in senior management positions. Graduates can work as auditors, tax consultants and accountants.